We’re here to help. If you have any questions regarding the following school policies, for more information please feel free to Contact Us.
Exam Refund Guarantee
You will not find a guarantee like this anywhere! Other schools claim to guarantee their courses but Cape School is the only one to back up our courses with an exam refund. We care about our students and the outcome on their exams. Would we be able to make an offer like this if the quality of our course is less than excellent?
If you score less than 75% on your NMLS National Component, we will refund your $110 NMLS exam fee.*
To qualify for an exam refund:
- You must complete the 20 Hour SAFE Comprehensive Principles of Mortgage Lending, Instructor Led Online course, NMLS Approval ID# 1404 course and pass the exam with an 80% or better (first attempt).
- Complete and pass the UST exam prep course
- Your national component exam date is after the date of completion of your Cape course (exam date)
- Submit a copy of your official NMLS national component exam report as proof of obtaining a grade less than 75% to Cape, via email, fax, or mail (see contact information below).
- Please allow up to 4 weeks for refund processing
- Limit one reimbursement per student
*exam refund available only on full purchase price for the 20 Hour Pre-License professional package (no exam refunds for discounted purchases).
Price Match Guarantee
If you find an advertised competitor's price lower than the total price paid to Cape School after discounts & promos, we will match it. The total price paid to Cape School will be the price used when comparing our price to a competitor's price, because we have to take into account for discounts & promos that we currently offer towards our already low advertised prices. Price match requests must be submitted within 2 weeks from date of purchase. Products must be the same to qualify for price match.
Product for product
When submitting a price match request, the competitor's advertised product must match an equivalent Cape School product. That means a competitor coupon for an online class must be applied to a Cape School online class. A competitor coupon for a webinar class cannot be applied to a Cape School classroom course or online course. Products must be equal in delivery method, credits, and content for the Cape School Low Price Guarantee to apply.
How do I request a price match?
Submit a copy of a competitor's product price. Once we validate the request, we will issue a refund for the price difference. Allow up to 6 weeks for the price difference to be sent once it is validated.
- Account means a unique account created for you to access or service or parts of our service.
- Business, for the purpose of the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), refers to the company as the legal entity that collects consumers’ personal information and determines the purposes and means of the processing of consumers’ personal information, or on behalf of which such information is collected and that alone, or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of consumers’ personal information, that does business in the state of California.
- Company (referred to as either “the company”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this agreement) refers to Cape School Inc, 13115 W James Anderson Hwy, Buckingham, VA 23921.
- Consumer, for the purpose of the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), means a natural person who is a California resident. A resident, as defined in the law, includes (1) every individual who is in the USA for other than a temporary or transitory purpose, and (2) every individual who is domiciled in the USA who is outside the USA for a temporary or transitory purpose.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to United States.
- Device means any device that can access the service such as a computer, a cell phone, or a digital tablet.
- Do Not Track (DNT) is a concept that has been promoted by US regulatory authorities, in particular the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC), for the internet industry to develop and implement a mechanism for allowing internet users to control the tracking of their online activities across websites.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
For the purposes of the CCPA, personal data means any information that identifies, relates to, describes or is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked directly or indirectly with you.
- Sale, for the purpose of the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s personal information to another business or third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
- Service refers to the website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the company to facilitate the service, to provide the service on behalf of the company, to perform services related to the service or to assist the company in analyzing how the service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the service or from the service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to Cape School Inc, Cape Education, and Cape Institute accessible from https://capeschool.com/
- You means the individual accessing or using the service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the service, as applicable.
Types of Data Collected
While using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email Address
- First and Last Name
- Phone Number
- Physical Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal Code, City
- Usage Data
- Social Security Number
- License number/NPN
- Date of Birth
- Credit Card Information
Information collected is stored in our customer management system and kept indefinitely.
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the service.
Usage Data may include information such as your device’s Internet Protocol address (IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
When you access the service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certrain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile internet browser you use, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our service or when you access the service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while Session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser. Learn more about cookies on the Privacy Policies website article.
We use both Session and Persistent cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session cookies
Administered by: us
Purpose: These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided. We only use these cookies to provide you with those services.
Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent cookies
Administered by: us
Type: Persistent cookies
Administered by: us
Purpose: These cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you have to re-enter your preferences every time you use the website.
Tracking and Performance Cookies
Type: Persistent cookies
Administered by: Third-Parties
Purpose: These cookies are used to track information about traffic to the website and how users use the website. The information gathered via these cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access the website. We may also use these cookies to test new pages, features, or new functionality of the website to see how our users react to them.
Use of Your Personal Data
The information we collect is required if the user wants to receive continuing education credit or certificates of completion. Accordingly, we share personal information with state regulatory agencies or their designees for credit processing.
The company may use personal data for the following purposes:
- to provide and maintain our service, including to monitor the usage of our service.
- To manage your account: to manage your registration as a user of the service. The personal data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the service that are available to you as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, complaince, and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items, or services you have purchased or any other contract with us through the service.
- To contact you: To contact you be email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communications, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products, or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers, and general information about other goods, services, and events which we offcer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests: To attend and manage your requests to us.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With State Agencies: We may share your personal information with state agencies to monitor and analyze the use of our service, credit reporting, or to contact you.
Cape may use any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance our website. We may create internal reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for our own use. This information will not be disclosed to any third parties.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The company will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including personal data, is processed at the company’s operating offices and in any other place where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those in your jurisdiction.
Delete Your Personal Data
You have the right to delete or request that we assist in deleting the personal data that we have collected about you.
Our service may give you the ability to delete certain information about you from within the service.
You may update, amend, or delete your information at any time by signing into your account, if you have one, and visiting the account settings section that allows you to manage your personal information. You may also contact us to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us.
Please note, however, that we may need to retain certain information when we have a legal obligation or lawful basis to do so.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the company may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency).
Other Legal Requirements
The company may disclose your personal date in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the service
- Protect the personal safety of users of the service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our service.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy and Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy
We may use your personal data to contact you with newsletters, marketing, or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
We may use email marketing service providers to manage and send emails to you.
Mailchimp is an email marketing sending service provided by The Rocket Science Group LLC.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the service. In that case, we may use third-party services for payment processing (e.g., payment processors).
Usage, Performance, and Miscellaneous
We may use third-party service providers to provide better improvement of our service.
We use an invisible captcha service named reCAPTCHA. reCAPTCHA is operated by Google.
The reCAPTCHA service may collect information from you and your device for security purposes.
Sources of Personal Information
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from You. For example, from the forms you complete on our service, preferences you express or provide through our service, or from your purchases on our service.
- Indirectly from You. For example, from observing your activity on our service.
- Automatically from You. For example, through cookies we or our service providers set on your device as you navigate through our service.
- From Service Providers. For example, third-party vendors to monitor and analyze the use of our service, third-party vendors for payment processing, or other third-party vendors that we use to provide the service to you.
Share of Personal Information
We may share your personal information identified in the above categories with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers
- Payment processors
- Our affiliates
- Our business partners
- Third party vendors to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By visiting this page on our website: Contact Us
By phone: 800.729.7363
By mail: PO Box 169, Buckingham, VA 23921
Updated February 10, 2023
Have Questions? Call us at # 800-769-1974 or reach us by email at email@example.com.